Monday, October 22, 2018

ROOTS to BRANCHES..... to LET LEAVES FALL!


Translated, Age with Action.....
 The Trunk = standards
The leaves = expression
The Roots= emotions

I don't want to grow old (nasty word, but fine for antiques), but I don't want to grow young either!
My desire is to add action to my life, and to diminish complaint.
Let the branches flourish as my roots grow stronger (soon into the ground). I hope to leave something behind which will blossom into a beautiful tree for someone still growing branches.

There is a sense of urgency in just about all I do these days. A feeling of being in hard drive serves me well.
In a race one runs to the finish line, n'est-ce pas?
Everything matters-----like wanting to taste all that is being offered in a buffet.
There are a few health and dental items that remind me to hasten! I have not been left free of such conditions.
I wonder how all of you are handling this passage.
There are days when a deep depression overcomes me, and I don't want to let it go, even if I say I do!

The reality of a final departure clamps down on my brain, and I quiver. Although this is not satisfying, it brings in a close focus which serves me the following day!
I am currently learning some Mandarin for fun and because it is a language I have not embarked upon earlier. Japanese was a former love of mine, but I casually dismissed Mandarin.

My husband & I are looking forward to a winter trip to Florida, a treat from David's son and his wife.
The wife's mother-in-law plans to be joining us as well. We have three small grandchildren in that branch of the family.
The fourth granddaughter, from another daughter will not be making an appearance.
It seems to be of major importance to have something really special to look forward at this time of life.
I know I cannot be alone in this feeling.

There are always a few new authors to take seriously. I take literature seriously---like living a second life!
Losing friends who have been a part of my life for so many years does not go down easily.
Making new ones, however, does!

MISS RHEINGOLD
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment