Monday, October 8, 2018

AESTHETIC? POETIC?

Many of us, men and women, spend a good deal of time towards creating a favorable appearance. What is behind this?
I suppose we want to appear pleasant and attractive to others. This will probably give us more friendship appeal.
Wanting friendship is wanting love, not necessarily romantic love though. We all want to be accepted, so love in the looser sense. It is such a boon to have so many styles of gear to choose from!
For females, (and some males) there is also a wide variety of makeup choices. Individual aesthetic choices vary according to the message we want to send.

Are we dreamers? Thinkers? Doers? Beach bums? Intellectuals? Beyond the clothing and makeup game?
I, for one, have hung on to my sunglasses for most of my life as part of my personal style. Sun or no sun.
I like being taken as theatrical!

I heard a perceptive remark from Yuval Harari, the most celebrated, current Israeli philosopher, and author---- a gay man of about 40 years old.
"Brilliant people ask questions; smart people give answers."As I amble through the streets of Eilat, I am often stopped with questions:"Are you Dr.Marta?" ( a retired pediatrician about my age who is stylish).I need to reply,"No", and often ask when they last saw her."You aren't Dr.Marta?" "No", I reply! Sometimes there are those who are stunned. They cannot believe me.They want to hug me!
"Who are you then?" they ask. I have been taken for a famous French actress, most often for a very famous (and beautiful) Russian actress who has passed away. Bottom line, I am very frequently taken for someone I am not, but wish I were! This is what went on in Argentina as well----but there, it was a well known Argentine singer!
Of course I have searched for their photos, and found them, and recognize the similarity, and feel damn good about their image of me! In all this jumble, what am I trying to say?

I guess I am announcing that I am not really fully conscious of what image I am intending to evoke, but part of me must......since I do like what I hear! I like the questions, and enjoy the impression I am making without effort!
What questions have you been asking lately? What answers have you been offering?
Do you enjoy more of the aesthetic, or more of the poetic? Is there a distinction?
What do you want people to see when they look at you? Or does it depend upon the place and circumstances?
As for me, I guess I just like being noticed!
I will be off on holiday in a couple of weeks---so am winding down--- about two more entries.
Looking forward to reading your responses,

MISS RHEINGOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment