Monday, April 16, 2018

EVOL! EVOL!

What would it mean if love were to be spelled backwards?
I am not sure, but I am sure it would count for something. A very close friend in Los Angeles died two weeks ago, a sudden and horrid death after gross attempts to save him. I remain convinced that both birth and death can be the most painful moments in our lives whether or not we will be able to express such.

Upon reading the news, I felt EVOL---- and old love----and a gripping sadness and disbelief at the circumstances---
NO WARNING!

This was the third demise in a month entering my life---it became gripping--strangling--- untoward.
My belly cramped, my throat tightened, and tears froze in the corners of my eyes.
I continued a pressing life schedule, despite the additional physical pressure.
Now, in turning around the letters of a deep emotion, I recognized another side to love.

There are so many facets to love and EVOL------there is sexual love, of course, which seems at the beginning to be the strongest. Then the love of our children or those of others' children or for pets or for music or poetry or of life itself. There is also twisted love that can turn to hate before we  know why. Does love heighten once death is  involved? Do we forgive ore easily? There is love of a book we cannot forget, or wish to share with many others.

It may be that  EVOL grows out of LOVE.I do not think it can grow the other way around. We can grow tired of something we own, and wish to throw it out. The Japanese have a word for something you love just because it has aged and maybe even cracked.It can refer to a face or a vase or any other object:SABI......they do not want to discard, but rather save the old or worn object(s).

I often feel all of the kinds of love I have mentioned above. How about you?
With emotion,
Miss Rheingold


No comments:

Post a Comment