Monday, January 8, 2018

A Cat Has Nine Lives, Huh?



I feel as though I am having a weekly visit with the recipients of my weekly blog.
True, there is no repartee as there would be in a live visit, but I continue to welcome your comments and questions.

In reference to the above title for this week’s report, I identify with the nine lives!
I have not actually counted mine, so I am using the phrase loosely. I am no cat, but I have similar resilience and flexibility of body, and am able to rebound after a fall.
I have had many partners, many dwellings, many visas to dwell in different countries, many friends of different persuasions, and several languages to express myself in which have allowed me to experiment with my personal style and tastes.
With each jump, I have landed on my feet—true, there are only two of those instead of four, yet the jumps have been smooth and without specific knowledge of where I would land exactly, what and where I would eat, who would come to pet me or keep me out of danger!

I have had publicity, exposure, and inadvertent daring leadership in a few causes.
I have been a serious educator and chairperson in a New York prestigious private school, as well as an innovator in a Mexican language institute. I have innovated and taught Torah Drama to all female groups  in Israel. I have analyzed several screen plays for a professional  film studio.
 Currently, I offer translation and editing services in several languages as well as private tutoring for adult students in four languages.
Why the resume? Actually, to encourage dismissal of trepidation of new avenues to all of you who may feel as though your choices have been selected ------your bed to lie in so to speak---unless you are thinking of who will lie in it with you!

Speaking of bed (or beds)  that is the one refuge place I have relied on to renew my spirit, my imagination, my physical ascent, and my imagination!
I have fought for unpopular causes, especially full rights for gay couples. Now marriage, adoption, and shared income taxes are recognized by the national USA government. 

There are bits and pieces I have chosen to cover in my books which may be of interest to some of you. This is a brief composite of those which will allow for any questions or details you may want to uncover. They are to be ordered on Amazon.

The message of my long life is do not try to think too much through!
THERE IS A DESIRE—follow the path of your desire-----and read, read, read!
Of course, if you are on a path to self destruction---it will take time to mend.
However, it may be the biggest turning point in your life.
My goddaughter once offered me really sweet advice after I told her how my life had come together and how happy I was. She said upon my departure of a visit,
“Bunny (my nickname for years), D.F.I.U.”
I asked what that meant. She decoded: ”Don’t fuck it up!
I offer that to my dear blog readers.

MISS RHEINGOLD---MEOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment