Monday, July 23, 2018

RELIGIOUS RULES---SPIRITUAL BOMBS

I have just returned from a week up North---first to Jerusalem where rules of strict Judaism prevail---- sedated by the prohibitions particularly where women are concerned-----covered up------from 2 years old on (maybe even younger)---no singing “Happy Birthday” in front of the family----- no children’s songs to be taught if a man is present in the apartment---even the father or grandfather!
There is strict restriction and a heavy fence against humanity on Earth; all this is in order to reach heaven where supposedly, fun and ease will be resumed!
The choice remains: sanity or religious rules. All of the restrictions are not new for me, but renewing the acquaintance was as if being tied up and gagged.
There are other governmental rules I was introduced to this past week. After three months of rental of an apartment, the tenant is responsible for repairs unless it is for a falling door or a major structural breakdown (not including one of the  mind due to living here in Israel!).We also pay the owner’s property tax bill every month.
One of our major reasons for moving back here was to take advantage of the free burial. We thought all citizens were entitled to this advantage.
If you are not receiving SSI from Israel, you are not entitled! I receive my check from the States, therefore I am not eligible! Sad  news.
Did you ever notice someone from a tasteless background trying to compete in appearance, choice of manners, speech, and other sophisticated habits? A visit here, (Israel re-visited) can offer you the full experience!
There are Jews all over who can sing, dance, entertain and react----outside of Israel------(Ok, Tel Aviv can offer some of that as well)---people with wholesome personal and societal values, people  who once or who still live on a Kibbutz or way outside of this “land” as it is called in Hebrew.
All of religion is a stranglehold on psychic and physical freedom----- all religions seek to force pre- selected rules, habits and traditions to inculcate a lack of freedom and personal choice----- a sad loss of life.
Right now I feel as though I am in bondage, and will continue to be until my final restriction is lifted! I will be thrown into the filth and dirt here in a linen shroud (a proper burial is for soldiers and those living in Kibbutzim only!).
We came here hoping for deeper ties with my family since my husband’s family has renounced their connection to us, with the exception of his son and daughter-in-law who have been most generous. They are NOT Jews!
Alas, religion has curtailed that hope! We cannot comply---and fake it, although my husband and I did try for three years before leaving here for six! We returned. A  regret I cannot erase. By the way, you are never going to be taken as “one of us” if you were not born here. It is pretty much the same anywhere I have lived outside of America. In a way, I am not sad, however, that nationalism is still maintained!
One marvelous result, however, is the multi lingual environment. Above all, I remain a linguist by choice!
Bombs fly high------they are manufactured daily by religion---and scattered throughout the world-----until this changes, and  “worthy”fear is born out of the real need to rectify the hungry impulses of all of us. Money bombs combine with religious bombs and we have hatred, jealousy, and starvation---and, of course,  to redeem all of this, YOGA!
Until the end of August, taking vacation time,

MISS RHEINGOLD



No comments:

Post a Comment